Emi Kitane is a member of the Spider Society.
Emi is the youngest of three children born to Daisuke and Ayame Kitane. The Kitane family was tasked with protecting the Temple of the Spider, a building constructed by Sofia Corazon to protect the Spider Sphere in the eleventh century.
Her father was unhappy with Emi's birth, claiming she wasn't his daughter. And as she grew up he would be cruel to her. At the age of sixteen, a group of Spider Society members came to check in on the Spider Sphere, they would discover Emi's powers thanks to the spider tattoo on her back. The group would bring Emi back to the United States where Emi would easily become a citizen thanks to her ability to absorb knowledge which had nothing to do with her ability to absorb matter.
Over the next two years she would be enrolled in Milton Summers High with Anya Corazon who she became friends with. And would be trained by the Spider Society in hand-to-hand and weapons combat, something her father would never do. Eventually thanks to her skill she was appointed weapons specialist of the group.
ArachnophobiaEditWhen Araña and Estrella come to the Spider Society to find Miguel for help against the Cult of the Tarantula, they find that Emi is the only one there they can get help from. After using modified spider tracers, she joins the two heroes in the search for Avispa and even fights the Cult of the Tarantula.
Emi appears briefly when Anya is introducing Lucas to her friends. She then is involved in the fight against the take over of New York by the Sisterhood of the Wasp. She fights Apocrita of the Sisterhood and Rescue of the Young Allies.
She reveals to Anya that her brother has passed away and that she is reluctant to go back since her father used to abuse her. Stating that her brother was her only advocate, Emi is persuaded by Anya to go to his funeral despite her feelings. After fighting some criminals she goes with Araña to the Museum of Natural History to discover Avispa trapped in a barrier fighting the insane Spidercide. She would later join the New Slingers in fighting Misterioso to save Araña from Spidercide. She was the one to finally take down Misterioso although it didn't help the situation with Araña who would finally defeat Spidercide after some encouragement from Avispa.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Matter Absorption/Manipulation: Emi has the ability to absorb matter into her body allowing her cover her body in armor and change body parts into weapons. In her preferred metal form she can extract weapons from her body, including: swords, kunai, shuriken, and even chains. At one point she absorbed matter from Rescue's armor and was able to form a repulsor cannon on her arm.
- Superhuman Strength: After transforming into her armored state, Armory possesses vast superhuman strength. She is sufficiently strong enough to lift about 30 tons.
- Superhuman Stamina: Also, while in armored form, Armory's musculature produces considerably less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human. At her peak, she can physically exert herself at peak capacity for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in her blood begins to impair her.
- Superhuman Durability: In her armored form Armory is invulnerable to most bodily harm. However, when fighting Rescue her armor was completely shattered by the Young Ally's repulsor beam.
Emi has been trained in martial arts, and knows how to fight very well. She's also bilingual.
Modified spider tracers
- People like to joke about the possibility of Emi being the daughter of the Absorbing Man.
- She was born with the symbol of the Spider Society on her back, which is what brought her to the attention of the group.